Phase 1 – Emergency Water Damage Service Noyack NY
Upon arrival, a Statement of Authorization will need to be signed before work can begin. A trained technician will begin by determining if your finished floor covering is salvageable and if it can be dried in place. If so, we will extract as much water as possible. Some important points to remember:
- Drying the structure of your home is the most important component in emergency water restoration. Our technicians will use penetrating and non-penetrating meters to detect moisture.
- High velocity air movers and dehumidifiers will be set to dry the carpet and sub-floor and structure as quickly as possible.
- The equipment must be left on for the designated amount of time to ensure proper drying.
- The carpet may need to be treated to inhibit microbial growth. If the pad cannot be dried in place, we will detach the carpet from the tack, strip and remove the wet padding to expedite the drying process.
- A pad sample will be taken back to our office to be matched and ordered for reinstallation.
- If your carpet is deemed to be unsalvageable, the technician may advise removing both the carpet and pad once authorized by the insurance company and/or the customer.
- It is our goal to restore your property as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The drying and restoration process may require up to three phases before completion.
- Job Site Inspections: It will be necessary for us to have access to your property during business hours throughout the drying process in order to properly monitor the temperature, humidity, and our equipment. Please work with our office on your preferred method for re-entry to your property so we can properly monitor the drying process.